|Things you can do to Spare the Air:
- When its time to put air in your bike tires,
remind mom and dad to check the car's tire pressure. A car that is
properly maintained helps reduce air pollution.
- Remind mom and dad to fill up their gas tank
in the evening hours instead of during the day. This way, gasoline
vapors won't mix with sunlight to produce air pollution.
- Check the AQI (Air Quality Index) every day
and share the information with mom and dad. It's usually listed in
the local paper or you can visit
sparetheair.com. For fun,
record the AQI for a week and see how it changes.
- Remember carpooling to school is a good way
to reduce air pollution. If you can walk to school safely with a
friend or parent that is even better!
- Highest levels of air pollution usually
occur in the afternoon just when you are getting out of school. If
air pollution is making it hard for you to breathe or you just don't
feel good, take it easy and play inside instead.
planetpolluto.com for more information!
HERE to go back to the Green Kids page