A. READING OF COMMUNICATIONS
1. Letter from Karen L. Campbell, Director, Office of Supplemental Educational Programs, New Jersey Department of Education, informing the Superintendent that the 2017-2018 Bilingual Program Waiver request was approved.
1. Congratulations to Emery Keeler for being awarded Penn Museum's Teacher of the MonthfTeacher Feature for her utilization of their Outreach Programs
2. New Jersey Quality Single Accountability System (NJQSAC) - Presented by Annette C. Giaquinto, Ed.D., Superintendent
3. Revised Superintendent's Evaluation Model - Presented by Annette C. Giaquinto, Ed.D., Superintendent
C. SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
1. Resolution to approve the New Jersey Quality Single Accountability System (NJQSAC) Statement of Assurance for submission to the New Jersey Department of Education. (Attachment C.1)
2. Resolution to (accept, modify or reject) the Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Report presented to the Board on October 16, 2017 for the reporting period of September 6,2017 through October 11,2017.
D. CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions:
1. Resolution to approve home instruction for the following students:
School Student ID
GTMS 907366 10 hrs a week beginning 10/19/17 to 1/1/18; per doctor's note
Reeds 910035 10 hrs a week beginning 10/10/17 to 10/19/17; based on additional evaluation
GTMS 909845 1 hr for 3 consecutive absences beginning 10/10/17 to 12/22/17; per 504
2. Resolution to approve the 8th grade GTMS URSA students to attend the National College Fair in Atlantic City, NJ on November 2,2017. Train costs: $78.00; Account #20-099-100-600-16-00 (Ed Foundation Grant) (Teacher Transport to and from train; train to At/antic City)
3. Resolution to approve the 6th grade Arthur Rann Elementary School Chorus to travel to the Lite Rock 96.9 FM studio in Northfield, NJ to perform for radio broadcasting and then to Pomona Preschool to perform for students on December 1,2017. Transportation costs: $286.21; Account #11-000-270-512-15-00
E. FINANCE AND SCHOOL OPERATIONS
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions for formal Board action, as recommended by Joy Nixon, School Business Administrator, and the Finance Committee:
1. Resolution to accept the following food service reports:
Cafeteria: Profit and Loss Statement for September 2017 (Attachment E.1 )
Trial Balance Report/Breakfast & Lunch Cash Sales (Attachment E.2)
Breakfast and Lunch Meal Counts Participation (Attachment E.3)
Special Income Detail (Attachment E.4)
2. Resolution to accept the Investment Report(s) for September 2017 in accordance with Policy #3290. (Attachment E.5)
3. Resolution to accept the Board Secretary's monthly certification bUdgetary line item status for September 30, 2017. (Attachment E.6)
4. Pursuant to N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-16.10(c)4, the Galloway Board of Education certifies that as of September 30, 2017 after review of the secretary's monthly financial reports (appropriations section) and upon consultation with the appropriate district officials, that to the best of our knowledge, no major account or fund has been over expended in violation of N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-16.10(b) and
there have been no changes in anticipated revenue sources and/or amounts so that sufficient funds are available to meet the district's financial obligations for the remainder of the fiscal year.
5. Resolution to approve the Cash and Secretary's Report for the month of September 2017. (Attachment E.7)
6. Resolution to approve the October 16, 2017 Bills List in the amount of $725.00 and October 30,2017 Bills List in the amount of $2,233,785.87. (Attachment E.8 and E.8a)
7. Resolution to approve the September transfers for the 2017-2018 budget (Attachment E.9)
Contracts. Agreements. and Other:
8. Resolution to approve Rachelle Crispi as a teacher assistant at Assumption for contracted services at a rate of $12.00 per hour. Account #20-250-1 00-300-A1-02 (IDEA)
9. Resolution to approve submission of the 2016-2017 IDEA Basic and Preschool Final Expenditure Reports.
10. Resolution to approve Pre-School tuition receivable for the 2017-2018 school year in the amount of $7,107.00 for each of the following students beginning October 23, 2017 through June 30, 2018 (prorated).
11. Resolution to approve the following tuition payable student beginning September
1,2017 through June 30, 2018:
12. Resolution to approve the following tuition receivable student beginning
October 17, 2017 through June 30, 2018:
13. Resolution to approve the following transportation contracts with Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District for the 2017-2018 school year. Account #11-270-000-513-00-00 (Attachment E.1 0)
14. Resolution to approve the joint transportation agreement with Atlantic County Special Services for the 2017-2018 school year. Account #11-270-000-515-00-00 (Attachment E.11)
Out of District Travel:
15. Resolution to approve the following professional development activities:
Activity: NJ School Nutrition Association Conference, Atlantic City, NJ
Name Date: Expenses: Account:
60-910-310-890-00-00 (Enterprise Fund)
Activity: Non-violent Crisis Intervention Trainer Training; Clementon, NJ
Name Date: Expenses: Account:
Registration: $2,850 (each)
Travel: $110.80 (per driver)
F. FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE
• Update on Facilities Committee Meeting held on October 30,2017.
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions for formal Board action, as recommended by Joy Nixon, School Business Administrator:
1. Resolution to approve the withdrawal from maintenance reserve account and transfer into the appropriate maintenance accounts.
WHEREAS N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-14.2 permits a Board of Education, by resolution, to withdraw such funds from the maintenance reserve account and appropriate into the required maintenance account lines at budget time or anytime during the year for use on required maintenance activities for a school facility, including the health and safety of pupils, employees, and visitors; and
WHEREAS, the aforementioned code authorizes the Board of Education to apply such funds to fund the following maintenance projects:
Building Project Account Number Amount
District Communication Devices and Infrastructure 11-000-261-420-XX-00 $5,500
District Backstop Safety Straps 11-000-261-420-XX-00 $12,000
WHEREAS, the Galloway Township Board of Education has determined that $17,500 is available for such transfer;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Galloway Board of Education that it hereby authorizes the district's School Business Administrator to make these transfers to the required maintenance lines consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Resolution to approve Comprehensive Maintenance Plan (CMP) N.J.A.C. 6:A:26-A for the 2018-19 school year. This document will be filed as required with the Executive County Superintendent of Schools. (Attachment F.1)
G. COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
• Smithville FSA is hosting a 6th grade dance on Friday November 3, 2017
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions:
1. Resolution to accept, with regret, the letter of intent to retire from Lorene Wilkens, accounts payable secretary, effective February 1, 2018. Mrs. Wilkens has worked in the Galloway Township Public School District for 27 years and her dedication and service to students and staff are appreciated by our entire school family.
2. Resolution to accept, with regret, the letter of intent to retire from Georgette Reeves, transportation coordinator, effective March 31,2018. Mrs. Reeves has worked in the Galloway Township Public School District for 12 years and her dedication and service to students and staff are appreciated by our entire school family.
3. Resolution to approve the family leave request from Julie DiDomenico, teacher at Smithville Elementary School, as follows:
4. Resolution to approve Jacob Halsted as a part-time custodian at Galloway Township Middle School for the 2017-2018 school year effective October 30, 2017 through June 30,2018. Salary: Step 1: $21,798.75 (prorated); Account #11-000-240-1 03-16-SA; (replacement position)
5. Resolution to approve the following substitute teachers for the 2017-2018 school year, effective October 31, 2017 through June 30, 2017 pending successful completion of the criminal history review; Certified Rate: $95.00 per day; Non-Certified Rate: $85.00 per day; Account numbers as appropriate: Kindergarten #11-110-100-101-SB-SA;Grades 1-5 #11-120-100-101-SB-SA;
Grades 6-8 #11-130-100-101-SB-SA
Kalyn Basso $85.00 Non-certified
Kathleen Marks $85.00 Non-certified
Isabelle Tseng $85.00 Non-certified
1. Resolution to approve Jan Manganiello for non-public supplemental instruction for the 2017-2018 school year at a rate of $35 per hour. Account #20-506-200-320-00-02 (193)
2. Resolution to approve
Child Care Staff for the 2017-2018 school year effective October 13, 2017
through June 30,2018; Account #62-990-320-101-00-SA
Child Care Support Staff/Substitutes - Stipend: $15.00 per hour: Beatrice Jenkins, Karen Loatwall, Tyler Garner, Jhonny Suxe
3. Resolution to approve the following participant for Novice Teacher Trainings; not to exceed 6 hours; $28.00 per hour; Account #20-270-200-100-00-SA (Title IIA): Jessica Johnson
4. Resolution to approve the following staff members who served as presenters for their prep time for the Fall Staff Development Day; $38.00 per hour; Account #20-270-200-100-00-SA (Title IIA).
Not to exceed 2 hours per person:
Not to exceed 6 hours:
5. Resolution to approve the following part-time staff members who attended the Fall Staff Development Day; rate per negotiated contract; not to exceed 1.5 hours per person; Account #20-270-200-1 OO-OO-SA (Title IIA).
Brittany Kahler $27.09
Jessica Laird $34.34
Rachel Weber $29.83
Shayna Weber $34.34
6. Resolution to approve the following staff members for the Smithville Elementary School 2017-2018 Family Activity Night; Teacher Stipend: $38.00 per hour; Classroom Assistant Stipend: $25.00 per hour; (not to exceed 2 hours per staff member) Account # 20-231-200-100-48-SA (Title I)
Mary Anne Nigro
7. Resolution to approve Jacqueline Lautato to serve as a Non-violent Crisis Intervention Trainer for the school district; $38.00 per hour as needed for training outside of school hours; Account #20-250-1 00-1 OO-OO-SA.
1. Resolution to approve the following job descriptions:
(Second Reading) (Job descriptions with minor changes attached as H.1)
• Assistant to the School Business Administrator (Minor changes)
• Confidential Secretary to the School Business Administrator/Board Secretary (Minor changes)
• Payroll Specialist/Bookkeeper (Minor changes)
• Accounts Payable/Accountant (No changes)(Attachment provided at 10-16-17 meeting)
Reminder: The next Policy Committee meeting will be held on November 6, 2017 at 3:00 pm
J. NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
November 20,2017 - Monday - Regular Meeting; GTMS Cafetorium; 7:00pm
December 11, 2017 - Monday - Regular Meeting; GTMS Cafetorium; 7:00pm
K. SPECIAL EVENTS
Meet the Candidates Night - November 2, 2017 GTMS Cafetorium 7:00 pm
Election Day - Tuesday, *November 7,2017
*Voting is being held at Roland Rogers and Smithville Elementary Schools
L. OLD BUSINESS
M. NEW BUSINESS
Resolution in Support of American Education Week
WHEREAS, November 13-17,2017 is designated American Education Week by the National Educators Association in an effort to celebrate public education and honor the individuals who are making a difference to ensure that every child receives a quality education; and
WHEREAS, education is a pillar of democracy and a cornerstone of American opportunity that gives our children the foundation they need to understand and appreciate our nation's values of freedom, civility and equality; and
WHEREAS, public schools are community lynchpins, bringing together adults and children, educators and volunteers, business leaders, and elected officials in a common enterprise; and
WHEREAS, public schools provide our children with outstanding opportunities in academics, athletics, fine arts, vocational training, and extracurricular activities to equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to grow, thrive and succeed in our global society; and
WHEREAS, all education employees including teachers, principals, administrators, counselors, library media specialists, bus drivers, custodians, food service workers, and other support personnel deserve our gratitude, respect and support for their utmost professionalism and commitment to our schools.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Galloway Township Public Schools Board of Education hereby proclaims November 13-17, 2017 as the 96th annual observance of American Education Week.
N. EXECUTIVE SESSION