A. READING OF COMMUNICATIONS
1. Introduction of William Brust, Secretary of Special Projects, GTMS Student Council
2. Recognition of Board President Ernest D. Huggard for his dedication and commitment to the students of the Galloway Township School District for 20 years. (1998 - 2010 and 2011 - 2017)
Presentation by Board of Education Vice-President Suzette Cordero and Superintendent of Schools, Annette C. Giaquinto, Ed.D.
C. SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
1. Attorney's Report (William S. Cappuccio, Esq.) (Attachment C.1)
2. Student Enrollment Report as of November 30, 2017 (Attachment C.2)
3. Out of School Suspension Report for November 2017 (Attachment C.3)
4. Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Report for the period of November 16, 2017 through December 6, 2017 (Attachment CA)
5. Resolution to approve the 2017-2018 Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement between Education and Law Enforcement Officials (MOA).(There were no changes to the MOA. Copy available at Board meeting)
D. CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions:
1. Resolution to approve home instruction for the following students:
GTMS 912039 1 hour a day after 3 consecutive days absent; per 504
Rann 910907 1 hour a day for every 3 days absent; per 504
Smithville 909561 1 hour a day for every 3 days absent; per 504
2. Resolution to approve the following University of Scranton Masters in Administration Internship for the 2017-2018 school year:
Intern Cooperating Administrator School/Grade
Richard Garbutt Dave Ragazzi Smithville/Various
3. Resolution to approve the following Rowan University Student Teacher for the Spring 2018 Semester:
Student Teacher Cooperating Teacher School/Grade
Eva Digiulio Grace Dolente Roland Rogers/6
4. Resolution to approve the GTMS MD Class to walk to Reeds Road and Roland Rogers Elementary Schools on the following dates to participate in an activity with a first grade LLD class and Autistic classes: December 21, 2017; March 23, 2018; April 17, 2018; May 25,2018
5. Resolution to approve GTMS submission of an AtlantiCare Healthy School Mini Grant: Healthy School & Healthy Garden Award in the amount of $800.00.
E. FINANCE AND SCHOOL OPERATIONS
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions for formal Board action, as recommended by Joy Nixon, School Business Administrator, and the Finance Committee:
Informational Item: An anonymous donor contacted Director of Food Services Robbin Remster on Friday, December 1 and offered to pay off the outstanding lunch balances in one of our elementary schools. Students with outstanding lunch balances in that building will be notified of this anonymous gift.
1. BE IT RESOLVED to approve pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:22-8.1 and N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-13.3(d) authorize district boards of education to appropriate unbudgeted or under-budgeted state aid for which budgetary approval was granted by the Commissioner in the written notification to the district board of education of the increase in state aid. In a special Broadcast dated July 14, 2017 the Commissioner granted approval for any district with an increase in state aid to transfer and appropriate this unbudgeted/under-budgeted revenue for 2017-18.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED the Galloway Township Board of Education designates the full state aid increase of $252,255 as legally restricted "Assigned Fund Balance - Designated for Subsequent Year's Expenditures" for use in 2018-19.
2. Resolution to approve the December 2017 Bills List in the amount of $2,049,511.13. (Attachment E.1)
3. Resolution to approve the revised contract for William C. Cappuccio, Board Solicitor, to attend two monthly meetings at a cost of $250.00 per meeting. Any additional meetings and other professional services shall be compensated at a cost of $140.00 per hour, beginning January 1, 2018 through June 30, 2018. (Attachment E.2)
4. Resolution to approve Gloucester County Special Services School District to provide itinerant services at rates listed below:
Assistive Technology - $893.00 per assessment
Specialized Speech-Language - $580.00 per evaluation
5. Resolution to approve the tuition-out payable students beginning September 7, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
McKinney - Vento
907657 Egg Harbor Township $14,511.60
908144 Egg Harbor Township $14,511.60
6. Resolution to approve the agreement with ACSSSD Transportation Department to provide Nursing services during transportation at an additional cost of $50.00 per day for the 2017-2018 school year.
Out of District Travel:
7. Resolution to approve the following professional development activities:
Activity: Payroll Fundamentals, Mt. Laurel, NJ
Joe Mycock/Mary Lou Nace 12/1212017
F. FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions for formal Board action, as recommended by Joy Nixon, School Business Administrator:
1. Resolution to approve the withdrawal from maintenance reserve account and transfer into the appropriate maintenance accounts.
WHEREAS N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-14.2 permits a Board of Education, by resolution, to withdraw such funds from the maintenance reserve account and appropriate into the required maintenance account lines at budget time or anytime during the year for use on required maintenance activities for a school facility, including the health and safety of pupils, employees, and visitors; and
WHEREAS, the aforementioned code authorizes the Board of Education to apply such funds to fund the following maintenance projects:
Building Project Account Number Amount
Arthur Rann ES Gym Unit Flue Pipe Replacements 11-000-261-420-15-00 $8,000
WHEREAS, the Galloway Township Board of Education has determined that $8,000 is available for such transfer;
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Galloway Board of Education that it hereby authorizes the district's School Business Administrator to make these transfers to the required maintenance lines consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
2. RESOLUTION OF THE GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT AUTHORIZING THE NAMING OF A BRAND NAME PRODUCT IN THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE HARDWARE AT GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
WHEREAS, The Galloway Township School District ("Board") has determined to undertake a project that includes Renovations to Locker Room, to CST Offices and Electrical Upgrades at Arthur Rann Elementary School, (hereinafter collectively referred to as "the Project."); And
WHEREAS, based upon the advice and recommendation of its design professionals, the Board determined that it is in its best interests to require the use of brand name products for these replacements, modification and upgrades; and
WHEREAS, the specifications for the Project identify the Hardware by Best Locks as the only acceptable products for these replacements, modification and/or upgrades for the following reasons;
To follow the District/Building Standards.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Board authorizes the specifications for the Hardware to be manufactured by Best Locks CERTIFICATION OF JOY NIXON, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR/BOARD SECRETARY
I, Joy Nixon, certify as follows:
1. I am the Business Administrator/Board Secretary for the Galloway Township School District
2. According to the project architect, the HARDWARE for Arthur Rann Elementary School Project must be manufactured by the same company, as specified. According to the project architect, requiring the same manufacturer is necessary for the following reasons: To simplify parts inventory, service contracts, and to facilitate repair efforts in the future. The new systems will match the existing systems installed in other school buildings within the District.
• December 19, 2017 pre-bid meeting for Alterations and Electrical Upgrades at Arthur Rann Elementary School and Electrical Upgrades at Reeds Road Elementary School
• January 11, 2018 Bid Opening for the above mentioned projects
G.COMMUNITY USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following:
1. Galloway Renegade Cheer requests the use of the cafeteria at Arthur Rann for a parent meeting on Friday, December 1, 2017 from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. (administrative approval granted)
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following resolutions:
1. Resolution to accept, with regret, the letter of intent to retire from Keith Spencer, attendance officer at Galloway Township Public Schools, effective December 13, 2017. Mr. Spencer has worked in the Galloway Township Public School District for 10 years and his dedication and service to students and staff are appreciated by our entire school family.
2. Resolution to accept the letter of resignation from Melissa Goarcke, classroom assistant, at Galloway Township Middle School, effective December 15, 2017.
3. Resolution to accept the letter of resignation from Jacob Halsted, PT custodian at Galloway Township Middle School, effective November 14, 2017.
4. Resolution to approve Heidi Pacula as an Assistant to the Business Administrator at Galloway Township Public Schools for the 2017-2018 school year, effective January 22, 2018 through June 30, 2018. Salary: $74,950.00; (prorated) Account #11-000-251-1 05-00-SA (new position based on previously approved job description revisions; total number of business office positions remains the
5. Resolution to approve Amanda Garcia as a kindergarten teacher at Reeds Road School for the 2017-2018 school year, effective January 2,2018 (depending on release from current district) through June 30, 2018. Salary: Step 4: $48,736.00; (prorated) Degree: BA; Account #11-110-100-1 01-45-SA (replacement position)
6. Resolution to extend Jenny Papandrea as a 3rd grade ICR teacher at Reeds Road Elementary School for the 2017-2018 school year, effective January 2, 2018 through June 30,2018. Salary: Step 6: 1/2/18 - 6/30/18 - $49,736.00 (prorated); Degree: BA; Account #11-213-100-101-45-SA (leave position)
7. Resolution to extend Jessica Johnson as a kindergarten teacher at Reeds Road Elementary School for the 2017-2018 school year, effective December 18, 2017 through December 30, 2017. Salary: Step 2: 12/18/17 - 12/30/17 - $48,086.00 (prorated); Degree: BS; Account #11-110-100-101-45-SA (leave position)
8. Resolution to approve Erik Walters as a part-time custodian at Roland Rogers Elementary School for the 2017-2018 school year, effective December 12, 2017 through June 30,2018. Salary: Step 1: $21,798.75; (prorated) Account #11-000-262-11 0-16-SA (replacement position)
9. Resolution to approve the following custodial transfers for the 2017-2018 school year:
Steven Houseworth, Roland Rogers Elementary School to Galloway Township Middle School; 12/12/2017 through 6/30/2018
Leah White, Galloway Township Middle School to Arthur Rann Elementary School 11/21/2017 through 6/30/2018
10. Resolution to approve the following substitute teachers for the 2017-2018 school year, effective December 12, 2017 through June 30, 2018 pending successful completion of the criminal history review; Certified Rate: $95.00 per day; Non-Certified Rate: $85.00 per day; Account numbers as appropriate: Kindergarten #11-110-100-1 01-SB-SA;Grades 1-5 #11-120-100-1 01-SB-SA;
Grades 6-8 #11-130-1 00-1 01-SB-SA:
Kristen McCormick $85.00 Non Certified
Michael Kerley $85.00 Non Certified
James Pasquale $85.00 Non Certified
Britni Dubitsky $85.00 Non Certified
11. Resolution to approve the following substitute food service worker for the 2017-2018 school year effective December 12,2017 through June 30,2018; Salary: $9.35 per hour; Account #60-91 0-31 0-1 OO-SB-SA: Bobbie Gunnels
1. Resolution to approve Child Care Staff for the 2017-2018 school year effective November 30, 2017 through June 30, 2018; Account #62-990-320-1 01-00-SA
Child Care Support Staff/Substitute - Stipend: $15.00 per hour: Susan Mawhinney
2. Resolution to approve the following Reeds Road Elementary School teachers for the PARCC Prep Program effective January 31, 2018 through April 12, 2018; Stipend: $38.00 per hour; not to exceed 15 hours per person; Account #20-231-100-1 00-45-SA (Title I)
3. Resolution to approve the following part-time staff members for F&P training; not to exceed 3 hours per person; stipend $28.00 per hour; Account #20-270-200-100-00-SA (Title IIA)
4. Resolution to approve the following part-time staff members for Just Words training; not to exceed 1.5 hours per person; stipend $28.00 per hour; Account #20-270-200-100-00-SA (Title IIA)
5. Resolution to approve Patti Yamaguchi for the GTMS 2017-2018 STEAM/Family Math Night; Classroom Assistant Stipend: $25.00 per hour; Account #20-231-200-1 00-16-SA (Title I)
The Superintendent recommends approval of the following policies:
(Policies for second reading were provided at the November 20, 2017 meeting)
1. Policy #5141.1 Accidents (First Reading; New Policy) (Attachment 1.1)
2. Policy #6145.1/ Intramural Competition Interscholastic Competition #6145.2 (Second Reading and Adoption)
3. Policy #6162.5 Research (Second Reading and Adoption)
4. Policy #6164.4 Child Study Team (Second Reading and Adoption)
J. NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETINGS
January 8, 2018 - Monday Reorganization/ GTMS Cafetorium 7:00 pm Regular Meeting
K. SPECIAL EVENTS
• Roland Rogers - December 12, 2017; 6:30pm
• GTMS - December 13, 2017; 7:00pm
• Smithville Band - December 14, 2017; 7:00pm
• Reeds Road - December 19, 2017; 7:00pm
L. PUBLIC COMMENT
M. OLD BUSINESS
N. NEW BUSINESS
O. EXECUTIVE SESSION
• Student Matters - HIB